You are going to love this recipe! How can I start?
It’s so creamy and so full of flavor! Chicken breasts are usually dry and tasteless but with this creamy sauce, you will not want to prepare them in any other way.
All the elements in this recipe work so well together; the rich and flavourful sauce spreads and blends perfectly, creating a juicy and tender chicken fillet. Sides like, potatoes and rice are the best to accompany this dish.
It’s so quick and easy to prepare, just follow the steps below that you will be in for a real treat
WHAT DO I NEED TO MAKE MILLION DOLLAR CHICKEN BAKE
To make Million Dollar Chicken Bake, you won’t need that many ingredients but they will be the key to make this dish very tasty.
You can use chicken breast or skinless thighs too, cream cheese to create a yummy sauce, a bit of mayonnaise for juiciness, crispy bacon for a kick of flavor, green onions, and some Colby jack cheese to create those strings of melted cheese that everyone loves.
HOW TO MAKE MILLION DOLLAR CHICKEN BAKE?
To make Million Dollar Chicken Bake, start this way:
Preheat the oven to 350˚F. Then, in a medium-sized bowl, mix cream cheese, mayo, bacon crumbles, green onion, and half of the cheddar cheese together until combined.
Place the chicken breast in a baking dish and spread the cheese mixture over the chicken. Top with remaining cheddar cheese. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until chicken is cooked through (165˚F internal temperature)
Garnish with additional bacon and green onions.
CAN THIS CASSEROLE BE FROZEN?
Yes, you can freeze Million Dollar Chicken Bake, either uncooked or ready.
- Uncooked: The best advice I can give you to freeze it, is as individual portions; it will be much easier to reach the cooking temperature before the sauce gets burned and the chicken won’t be raw.
Divide the sauce equally on each fillet that you intend to freeze and wrap them individually with plastic film. Make sure it’s well sealed and that the chicken hasn’t been frozen before, to avoid bacteria from growing.
- To cook: Just place each breast on a baking tray, still frozen, and cook as per instruction, adding 10 more minutes to the cooking time.
- Defrost from ready-cooked: Take it straight out of the freezer and place it in a baking tray or baking dish, allow it to defrost for at least one hour before warming it up. Place it in the oven for 20 minutes at low to medium temperature or microwave it for 5 minutes on medium.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH BAKED CHICKEN?
Million Dollar Chicken Bake is very easy to combine with any side dishes; for hot days I suggest a nice, fresh salad, with grains and perhaps some pomegranate seeds on top to add a few sweetness.
If it’s served on a cold day, you can prepare mash potatoes, potatoes sauté, or rice. The creamy sauce of the chicken will blend perfectly with any of these choices. Enjoy!
- 2 lbs, skinless chicken breasts thinly cut or pounded
- 6 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup crispy bacon crumbled (about 8 slices)
- 1/2 cup green onions chopped (about 4 onions)
- 1.5 cups Colby jack cheese shredded
- To garnish (Crumbled bacon - Green onions chopped)
- Preheat the oven to 350˚
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix cream cheese, mayo, bacon crumbles, green onion, and half of the cheddar cheese together until combined
- Place the chicken breast in a baking dish and spread the cheese mixture over the chicken. Top with remaining cheddar cheese
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until chicken is cooked through (165˚F internal temperature
- Garnish with additional bacon and green onions.