This cool and creamy cucumber salad is a perfect choice for a hot summer dinner. The combination of cucumbers, sour cream, vinegar, and fresh dill give this salad cucumber some special flavor and taste.
CREAMY CUCUMBER SALAD
I especially like to use cucumber and sour cream in salads and sauces in the summer because of their refreshing taste.
You can serve this salad cucumber with bread, grilled chicken, pork chops, and roasted potatoes.
HOW TO MAKE CUCUMBER SALAD
You will need cucumbers, onion, sour cream, vinegar, sugar, and fresh dill for this creamy cucumber salad.
- First, wash, peel, and slice 3 pounds of cucumbers.
- Then, finely chop 1 small onion. Add sliced cucumbers and chopped onion to a large bowl.
- Prepare sour cream dressing. Add 18 oz light sour cream, ¾ cup white distilled vinegar, 1 tbsp sugar, and 2 tsp chopped fresh dill to the bowl. Mix to combine.
- Then, pour this dressing over the cucumbers and onion. Toss to coat. Refrigerate before serving.
- Store creamy cucumber salad in an airtight container for up to three days if you are making the salad in advance. If not, just cover the bowl with a plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least one hour before serving.
HOW TO CUT CUCUMBER FOR SALAD
You need 3-pound cucumbers for this salad with cucumber. There are a lot of ways how to cut a cucumber, but we need cucumber slices for this recipe.
First, peel the cucumbers and cut off the stems. Then, slice them with a knife or a mandoline. That’s all.
CREAMY CUCUMBER SALAD TIPS:
- You can use 1 tsp dried dill weed instead of 2 tsp fresh dill. Also, you can use Greek yogurt instead of light sour cream.
- Feel free to change the amount of vinegar and sugar depending on your taste.
- Store creamy cucumber salad for up to three days in the refrigerator. If there will be a lot of liquid in the bowl after storing, just drain it before serving.
WHAT KIND OF CUCUMBERS ARE BEST FOR CUCUMBER SALAD WITH CREAM
You can use any cucumbers you have. For me, the best kind of cucumbers for this creamy salad are English/European cucumbers, Kirby cucumbers, and Persian cucumbers.
CAN YOU MAKE CUCUMBER SALAD WITH YOGURT
Yes, if you want to make this creamy cucumber salad healthier, you can use plain Greek yogurt instead of light sour cream.
You will need 18 oz of Greek yogurt. Also, feel free to change the amount of white distilled vinegar and sugar depending on your taste.
HOW LONG WILL IT LAST IN THE FRIDGE
This creamy cucumber salad will last for up to three days in the refrigerator.
Store it in an airtight container or wrap the bowl with a plastic wrap. If there will be a lot of liquid after storing it, you can drain it.
- 3 pound peeled cucumbers;
- 1 small onion, red or yellow;
- 18 oz light sour cream;
- ¾ cup white distilled vinegar;
- 1 tbsp sugar;
- 2 tsp fresh dill, chopped.
- Slice peeled cucumbers using a knife or a mandoline. Finely chop the onion.
- Add sliced cucumbers and finely chopped onion to a large bowl.
- In another bowl, mix together light sour cream, white distilled vinegar, sugar, and chopped dill. You can also add salt and pepper depending on your taste.
- Pour the sour cream mixture over the sliced cucumbers and chopped onion. Mix to combine. Cover the bowl (or transfer the salad to an airtight container) and refrigerate for a few hours before serving (at least 1 hour)
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 163