It is a very nourishing, juicy, and flavorful meatloaf, with a sweet, mouth-watering glaze. Everyone will like this meatloaf recipe.
MEATLOAF RECIPE WITH THE BEST GLAZE
It can be served warm with mashed potatoes for dinner, or you can use it cold for sandwiches. I especially like this meatloaf recipe because it is so easy to prepare, and it always turns out delicious!
HOW TO MAKE MEATLOAF?
For me, the meatloaf recipes are easier than the meatball recipe.
First, mix together all of the ingredients for the meatloaf (ground beef, onion, eggs, garlic, ketchup, parsley, Panko breadcrumbs, milk, Italian seasoning, paprika, salt, and pepper).
Then, transfer this mixture to the loaf pan. Bake in the preheated oven for 40-45 minutes.
In a small bowl, mix together all of the ingredients for the glaze (ketchup, vinegar, brown sugar, garlic powder, onion powder, pepper, and salt).
Remove the loaf pan from the oven and pour this glaze over the baked meatloaf. Spread evenly. Bake for additional 15-20 minutes. Then, remove the pan from the oven and let it cool slightly before slicing.
1. You can use baking juices from the pan for drizzling the meatloaf slices.
2. Add all of the seasonings (salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, paprika) to your taste.
3. Also add 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce to the meatloaf.
HOW DO YOU KEEP MEATLOAF FROM GETTING MUSHY
Your meatloaf can turn out mushy if you add too much liquid (ketchup, or milk) to the meatloaf. If you want to add Worcestershire sauce, you need to reduce the amount of ketchup. Also, don’t use soaked bread instead of Panko breadcrumbs.
WHAT CAN I PUT ON TOP OF MEATLOAF INSTEAD OF KETCHUP?
You can make this meatloaf without ketchup. Just use chili sauce or any of your favorite tomato-based sauce.
CAN I BAKE MEATLOAF ON A BAKING SHEET
Yes, you can form the loaf on the baking sheet and bake the meatloaf for the same amount of time (40-45 minutes plus 15-20 minutes with a glaze).
LET’S TALK ABOUT FREEZING MEATLOAF
Definitely yes. You can freeze it before baking or after.
If you freeze leftover meatloaf, let it cool completely and wrap it with plastic wrap or aluminum foil. Store cooked meatloaf in the freezer for up to 4 months.
If you freeze uncooked meatloaf, mix together all of the ingredients for the meatloaf. Then, form the loaf and wrap it with plastic wrap or aluminum foil. Store uncooked meatloaf in the freezer for up to six months.
For the meatloaf:
- 2 lbs ground beef;
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped;
- 2 eggs;
- 3 garlic cloves, minced;
- 3 tbsp ketchup;
- 3 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped;
- ¾ cup Panko breadcrumbs,
- ⅓ cup milk;
- 1 ½ tsp salt;
- 1 ½ tsp Italian seasoning;
- ½ tsp smoked paprika;
- ¼ freshly ground black pepper.
For the glaze:
- ¾ cup ketchup;
- 1 ½ tsp white vinegar;
- 2 ½ tbsp brown sugar;
- 1 tsp garlic powder;
- ½ tsp onion powder;
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper;
- ¼ tsp salt.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a 9x5-inch loaf pan with parchment paper. Leave some paper hanging on two sides, it will help to unmold the meatloaf after baking.
- Add ground beef, onion, eggs, garlic, ketchup, parsley, Panko breadcrumbs, milk, Italian seasoning, paprika, salt, and pepper to a large mixing bowl. Mix until combined.
- Transfer beef mixture to the prepared pan, and shape into a loaf form. Bake in the preheated oven for 40-45 minutes.
- Prepare the glaze. Add ketchup, vinegar, brown sugar, garlic powder, onion powder, pepper, and salt to a small bowl. Mix until combined. Remove the pan from the oven and pour this glaze over the meatloaf. Spread evenly. Bake for additional 15-20 minutes. Then, remove the pan from the oven. Let it cool slightly before slicing (about 10 minutes).
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 344Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 118mgSodium: 910mgCarbohydrates: 18gSugar: 11gProtein: 24g