Imagine that you are on a summer break, by the sea, and wish to have a refreshing and light dessert. Well, this super delicious Peach Cobbler is all you want.
With a hint of nutmeg and vanilla, this gorgeous dessert can’t go wrong, especially if served with some ice cream on the side. Are you ready to give it a go? Then follow the instructions and this will certainly become one of your favorite desserts of all times!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED FOR THIS RECIPE
To make the Easy Peach cobbler you won’t need much!
Peaches – This seasonal fruit is widely available over summer, there is a huge variety of them and for this recipe you can use either fresh or canned, the result will still be delicious.
Butter, sugar, flour, and eggs – For the crumbly topping these four ingredients are key. Also, some baking powder to help the batter rise, giving it a fluffy texture.
Vanilla extract and nutmeg – Two fragrant ingredients, a little bit of it will give the batter an intriguing flavor and make all the difference to the palate.
HOW TO EASILY PEEL PEACHES
The best way to peel peaches is with a small, sharp knife.
Wash and dry the peaches, start from the top going all around with the knife. Don’t rush and try to take bit by bit of the peel out so you leave most of the pulp intact.
Once you finish, place the peach on a chopping board, cut it in half and remove the stone carefully by holding it between your finger, pull it up and it will come out. Now your peaches are ready to be sliced and make the Easy peach Cobbler
HOW DO YOU MAKE PEACH COBBLER?
First, you have to preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Then, Grease a 2-quart baking dish with non-stick spray or butter, covering the sides too.
Once you have peeled and cut the peaches, spread them out in a single layer over the bottom of the prepared dish.
Sprinkle over the top of peaches with 2 Tablespoons of sugar. In a medium bowl, beat 1 cup sugar and softened butter together until combined. You can do it by using an electric hand-mixer or with a whisker. Add flour, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg.
Mix it well then add in egg and vanilla extract. Continue to beat and mix together until just combined. (Batter will be the consistency of cookie dough batter.) With a spatula, carefully spread batter over the top of the peaches. Spread it out as evenly as you can and covering most of the peaches, you can use your hand too to help spread it.
Bake in the oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown. Remove from the oven and let stand for 10 minutes. Serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
HOW TO STORE AND REHEAT PEACH COBBLER
The best way to store Easy Peach Cobbler is to keep it in its original baking tray, cover it with Saran wrap or foil, in the fridge for 3 days maximum.
Because the cobbler can easily collapse, I won’t recommend moving it to another container, unless strictly necessary, also if you keep it as it is, it would be a lot easier to reheat again. Reheat in the oven for 10 minutes covered with foil or microwave it for 2 minutes at a high temperature.
The Best Peach Cobbler
It’s so quick and easy to make! Its fluffy topping and yummy peach filling are definitely working together to add a summery feel to your day.
For the filling
- 3 cups sliced peaches fresh is best, but canned peaches works great too
- 2 Tablespoons of granulated sugar
For the batter
- 1 cup granulated sugar divided
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of nutmeg optional
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. (180 Degrees Celsius).
- Grease a 2-quart baking dish with non-stick spray or butter all around, including sides.
- In the prepared dish, spread sliced peaches out in a single layer. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons over top of peaches
- In a medium bowl, beat 1 cup sugar and softened butter together until combined. Add flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg. Mix well and then add in egg and vanilla extract. Continue to beat and mix together until just combined. (Batter will be the consistency of cookie dough batter.)
- Carefully spread batter over the tops of peaches with a spatula. Try to spread out as evenly as you can and covering most of the peaches, use your hands if necessary.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Remove from the oven and let stand 10 minutes. Serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.