These are the perfect lemon sugar cookies recipe with a crumbly, moist, and chewy texture. These cookies are made from cheap and simple ingredients that everyone has in the kitchen.
LEMON SUGAR COOKIES
Lemon sugar cookies can be prepared in less than half an hour, but the hardest part is waiting for the cookies to cool because they look and smell mouth-watering. These cookies will melt in your mouth.
WHAT INGREDIENT MAKES COOKIES MOIST?
Lemon sugar cookies are moist because they include three egg yolks, 1 cup of softened butter, lemon juice, and sugar. You need to cream butter with sugar really well, adding as much air as possible.
Also, you need to bake the cookies only for 10-12 minutes or until golden on the sides and starting to crack. Don’t bake the cookies until browned. Use only softened butter, not cold.
HOW TO MAKE LEMON COOKIES FROM SCRATCH?
These lemon sugar cookies are easy to make.
- First, mix together dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, and baking powder).
- Set aside. Then, cream together butter and sugar. Add egg yolks, vanilla extract, lemon zest, and lemon juice.
- Then, mix dry and wet ingredients until combined.
- Shape the dough into balls, roll each ball in sugar.
- Then, transfer to the baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes or until cookies start to crack.
- Let them cool completely cool and enjoy it.
2 SUCCESS TIPS FOR LEMON SUGAR COOKIES
- It’s important to use egg yolks and butter at room temperature.
- Store lemon sugar cookies in an airtight container for up to seven days at room temperature.
HOW DO YOU FROST SUGAR COOKIES PERFECTLY?
If you want to decorate these lemon sugar cookies with frosting, you can definitely make it. Let the cookies cool completely to room temperature.
Then, add your favorite frosting to the piping bag and decorate lemon sugar cookies.
HOW DO YOU MAKE COOKIES MORE CHEWY?
Lemon sugar cookies made according to this recipe are chewy because of using egg yolks, softened butter, and sugar.
Also, you don’t need to bake the cookies for too long, it can make them less chewy.
WHY ARE MY CRINKLE COOKIES FLAT?
Your lemon sugar cookies can turn out flat if you use baking soda from a package that has been open for a very long time (more than three months).
In this case, baking soda loses its properties and your cookies will be flat.
Nutrition Information: Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 173Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 43mgSodium: 122mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 1gSugar: 13gProtein: 2g