fruit salad is something that can be made in all sorts of ways, with any medley of ripe, in-season fruit. but in my opinion, this recipe is particularly delicious. it features the fruits I absolutely love – berries and oranges.
INGREDIENTS FOR THIS EASY FRUIT SALAD
You can enjoy this versatile fruit salad with any and every fruit available in your pantry. Use the fruits that your family loves and serve them the dish they’ll absolutely love.
I have used canned and fresh pineapples, bananas, oranges, grapes, strawberries, and blueberries.
The secret to this amazing salad is the dressing that is prepared by using instant vanilla pudding, preferably the Jell-O brand, it gives a beautiful creamy taste to the salad that you’ll love.
HOW TO MAKE FRUIT SALAD?
This fruit salad is the easiest dish you’ll ever make for your family brunch and everyone will love it.
- The first thing to do is chop up the fruits, cut the pineapple and oranges into chunks, slice the bananas and strawberries, I like to keep the grapes and blueberries as it is.
- Then we take a bowl and pour the juice and chunks from the pineapple can into it, add instant vanilla pudding mix into the bowl, and give it a nice mix until it’s lump-free.
At last, Add in all the fruits into the creamy mixture and toss them well. Chill the salad in the refrigerator but not for too long otherwise, the bananas will turn black. Serve and enjoy!
CAN I USE FROZEN FRUIT IN THIS RECIPE?
I love this fruit salad because it gives an amazing freshness during summer times and I prefer using as many fresh and seasonal fruits as I can, in the recipe. but in case you do not have access to fresh fruits, frozen fruits can easily be used but you have to make sure to partially defrost them before using them in the salad.
1. Use the best quality ingredients in your recipe, be it canned pineapples or the pudding mix, trust me it will make a huge difference to the taste.
2. It is best to use all the fruits straight out of the refrigerator, this will keep the fruits firm and won’t get mushed while tossing.
3. Make sure to refrigerate the salad after mixing the fruits with the pudding mix, it will enhance the flavour of the salad and give the right amount of freshness.
- 1 can Pineapple chunks with juice (20 oz. )
- ½ cup fresh pineapple chunks
- 1 cup orange chunks
- 1 cup of green grapes
- ½ cup strawberries
- ½ cup blueberries
- 3.4 oz. vanilla instant pudding mix (Jell-O brand)
- Chop up the fruits and slice the fruits as you like.
- Take a big bowl, pour the pineapple juice along with pineapple chunks and stir in the instant vanilla pudding mix, mix everything until the mixture is lump-free.
- Add in all the fruits in the mixture and toss well such that all the fruits are coated well.
- Refrigerate the salad and take it out right before you’re ready to serve.