This is a very simple and quick recipe for summer breakfast. I really like to use strawberries for baking because it smells mouth-watering. You gotta try to make these sweet, flavorful, moist, and fluffy strawberry muffin recipes.
HOW TO MAKE STRAWBERRY MUFFINS WITH FRESH STRAWBERRIES
You can easily make these strawberry muffins with a fresh strawberry for your breakfast.
First, mix dry ingredients (2 cups all-purpose flour, 2 tsp baking powder, ¾ tsp salt). Set aside. Then, cream together 1 stick of softened butter with 1 cup of sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in two eggs (one at a time). Then, add 1 tsp vanilla extract and ¼ tsp almond extract.
Beat until well combined. Add dry ingredients and ½ cup milk alternately. Beat after each addition. Then, slice strawberries and add them to the bowl. Add the remaining flour to the strawberries and toss to coat completely.
Reserve ½ cup strawberries for the topping. Add the remaining strawberries to the mixing bowl with the batter. Mix using a spatula. Then, line the muffin pan with paper liners. Add batter to muffin pan until full. Top with the reserved strawberries and sprinkle with turbinado sugar. Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes.
1. Don’t forget to scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl using a rubber spatula while beating ingredients. It will help to mix the ingredients completely.
2. Use a sharp knife if muffins stick to the muffin pan.
3. You can add more flavor to these strawberry muffins. I would recommend adding some almond flakes or lemon zest.
CAN I MAKE VEGAN STRAWBERRY MUFFINS WITHOUT EGGS OR DAIRY
Yes, there are a lot of vegan strawberry muffin recipes, but this one isn’t his.
I did not try to use other ingredients instead of eggs and dairy for this recipe, therefore I advise you to find a recipe without them.
HOW TO SUBSTITUTE FROZEN STRAWBERRIES
If you, like me, keep frozen fruits and berries on hand you can make this recipe whenever (regardless of the season). Yes, you can use frozen strawberries instead of fresh.
You will need the same amount either way (2 ¼ cups sliced strawberries).
HOW LONG CAN I STORE THESE STRAWBERRY MUFFINS
My family eats the whole batch of these delicious strawberry muffins for breakfast, but you can store muffins for up to 2 days in the refrigerator.
Let them cool completely after baking. Then, place it into an airtight container.
Also, you can freeze these strawberry muffins for up to three months.
- 2 cups plus 2 tbsp flour, divided;
- 2 tsp baking powder;
- ¾ tsp salt;
- 1 stick butter, at room temperature;
- 1 cup sugar;
- 2 eggs;
- 1 tsp vanilla extract;
- ¼ tsp almond extract;
- ½ cup milk;
- 2 plus ¼ cups strawberries, sliced;
- 2 tbsp turbinado sugar.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Add 2 cups flour, 2 tsp baking powder, ¾ tsp salt to the bowl. Mix together. Set aside.
- Then, add 1 stick of softened unsalted butter and 1 cup of sugar to the mixing bowl. Mix together using an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Lower the speed and beat in 2 eggs (one egg at a time). Then, add 1 tsp vanilla extract and ¼ tsp almond extract. Beat until combined.
- Add dry ingredients and ½ cup milk alternately (beginning and ending with dry ingredients).
- Add 2 1/4 cups sliced strawberries and 2 tsp all-purpose flour to the bowl, toss to coat strawberries. Reserve ½ cup sliced tossed strawberries for topping. Set aside.
- Add the remaining 1 ¾ cups tossed strawberries to the batter. Mix until combined. Don't overmix the batter
- Grease muffin tin or line with muffin liners. Pour batter to each muffin liner until full. Top with the reserved sliced strawberries and sprinkle with 2 tbsp turbinado sugar. Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the strawberry muffin comes out clean. Let them cool in a muffin pan for 15-20 minutes. Then, replace strawberry muffins to the cooling rack. Use a sharp knife if muffins stick to the muffin pan. Let them cool completely. Enjoy!