The Slow Cooker Philly Cheese Steak is practical and will please everyone in your house. The beef melts in your mouth and all those flavors combined are going to make this recipe one of your favorites.
It’s is so good that it won’t be any bit left. But if there was, I have many ideas as to how to use the leftovers, just read below.
INGREDIENTS AND VARIATIONS
You are not limited to beef when it comes to this recipe; there is plenty of other ways you can create variations of this dish.
To make Slow Cooker Philly Cheese Steak you will need, beef round steak or you can also use pork, a piece of pork shoulder will be delicious too; just remove as much fat as possible and cook it the same way. You will also need green peppers but red will taste good too, they are a bit sweeter and I particularly prefer the green ones raw. You will need onions, garlic, salt, and black pepper. Also, some beef stock to help cooking and give more flavor.
You need 1 envelope of dry Italian dressing mix, which can be easily found in the condiments session of any supermarket.
French bread, baguette, or buns are good options to make the sandwiches. And finally, some provolone cheese to finish it, or the cheese you like. Just delicious!
HOW TO MAKE PHILLY CHEESESTEAKS IN THE SLOW COOKER
The only work here is actually the preparations, to make Slow Cooker Philly Cheese Steak you start by:
First, spray the slow cooker with oil, place the thin strips of meat, and add in the green pepper, onion, stock, garlic, salt, pepper, and dressing mix.
Then, leave it to cook covered for 7 to 8 hours on low or 3 to 4 hours on high.
Once it’s ready, fill the French bread sandwiches or the buns, top it with cheese and place them for 3 minutes in the oven grill to allow the cheese to melt. Enjoy!
WHAT TO DO WITH LEFTOVERS
If you have some leftovers of Slow Cooker Philly Cheese Steak, which I doubt, you can use them in many ways:
- To enhance the tomato sauce, just cut it into small pieces and add it to the sauce while it’s cooking.
- You can make a pie with the filling, just use a ready rolled pastry over an oven dish, add the beef and cover with some more pastry. Brush it up with some egg and let it bake till golden brown.
- As a pizza topping, add some sliced onions, olives, and cheese. Everyone will fight over the last slice.
- 2 ½ to 3 pounds of beef round steak.
- 2 sliced thin green peppers.
- 2 sliced thin onions.
- 3 cups of beef stock.
- 2 tsps of garlic salt.
- 2 tsps of black pepper.
- 1 envelope of dry Italian dressing mix.
- 1 to 2 large loaves of French bread sliced into sandwich lengths.
- provolone cheese slices.
- Spray slow cooker with oil, place the thin strips of meat and add in the green pepper, onion, stock, garlic, salt, pepper, and dressing mix.
- Leave it to cook covered for 7 to 8 hours on low or 3 to 4 hours on high.
- Once it’s ready, fill the French bread sandwiches or the buns, top it with cheese and place them for 3 minutes in the oven grill to allow the cheese to melt. Enjoy!