Is there a better way to end a meal than with a frozen strawberry dessert? I don’t think so! If you know another way, please tell me because I will need to be convinced, especially after trying this recipe.
This delicious summer treat is so fresh and creamy that you won’t stop thinking about it! I am glad it has to be kept in the freezer, out of my sight, otherwise, it wouldn’t last a couple of hours. And it’s even more perfect because there is no heat involved, no oven, only fresh and refreshing ingredients.
WHAT INGREDIENTS ARE IN FROZEN STRAWBERRY DESSERT?
To make a frozen strawberry dessert you will need, Graham Cracker crumbs, 22 full sheets will be enough to cover the bottom and top of the dish. Also for the crusty bottom, you will need to be melted, unsalted butter, and granulated sugar.
For the creamy inside you will need cream cheese, softened, powdered sugar, also sweetened condensed milk, some vanilla extract to add a fragrant flavor, heavy whipping cream, and lots of strawberries.
HOW TO PREPARE EASY FROZEN STRAWBERRY DESSERT?
To prepare Frozen Strawberry Dessert you won’t need much,
- First, spray a 9 x 13-inch pan with non – stick spray or butter and set aside.
- Then, in a medium dish combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar and mix then add the melted butter, mix it well.
- Divide the mixture in two; spread half of the mixture on the bottom of the 9X13 inch pan that was set aside. Leave it for now and let’s start to make the creamy inside.
- In a blender, place the whole strawberries in and puree for about 1-2 minutes until completely smooth. Set aside.
- In a medium dish beat heavy whipping cream for about 5 min at medium speed, until stiff peaks form, then set aside for now.
- In a large dish beat cream cheese and powdered sugar at a low speed, once it’s creamy, add condensed milk, vanilla and pureed strawberries and beat until all is combined.
- Now, add whipped cream and beat until well combined.
- Then, fold in diced strawberries and spread it over the graham cracker layer.
To finish, sprinkle the top with the rest of the graham cracker crumbs.
Note: Place it in the freezer for at least 5 hours and take it off the freezer 30 to 20 minutes before serving. Any leftovers must be kept in the freezer, well covered.
CAN YOU USE FROZEN STRAWBERRIES?
Yes, you can! There are two things that you can do:
One is, use a strong blender to puree the strawberries, which will turn a little bit like slush, then use it as it is.
The other way is to let the strawberries defrost completely in the fridge the day before or defrost on the same day in a bowl at room temperature, use the juices left at the bottom too.
You can use frozen strawberries diced too but let them defrost for about 20 minutes before attempting to dice them.
- 3 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 22 full sheet graham crackers)
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 6 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 can 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup diced strawberries
- 2 1/2 cups whole strawberries
- Spray a 9 x 13-inch pan with non - stick spray. Set aside.
- In a medium dish combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar, mix and then add melted butter, mixing it well. Divide the mixture and cover the bottom of a 9X13 inch pan, save the rest for later
- Place the whole strawberries in a blender, and puree for about 1-2 minutes until completely smooth. Set aside.
- In a medium dish beat heavy whipping cream at medium speed for about 5 minutes, until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- In a large dish beat cream cheese and powdered sugar at a low speed, until creamy, then add condensed milk, vanilla, and pureed strawberries and beat until combined.
- Add whipped cream beat until well combined.
- Fold in diced strawberries. Spread over the graham cracker layer.
- Sprinkle with the rest of the graham cracker crumbs.
- Place it in the freezer for at least 5 hours to have the best result and remove 20/30 minutes before serving.