I have to be honest with you; casseroles are my new favourite thing! And so far, every recipe that I have tried has been delicious. This Chicken and Stuffing Casserole is no different; it’s simple to make, nutritious and perfect for one of those busy days when you have very little time to cook and everyone is hungry.
I prepare white rice to go with it but you can also have just bread (to add some carbs) and salad to complete the meal; with no fuss, and plenty of time to enjoy yourself.
CHICKEN AND STUFFING CASSEROLE INGREDIENTS
To prepare Chicken and stuffing Casserole, you will need 1 package stove top stuffing (chicken flavour) for the crispy top, 1-2 lbs chicken breast, cut into small pieces, one can cream of chicken soup, one-third of a cup sour cream.
You will also need one package (16 oz) frozen mixed vegetables, salt and pepper to taste and for the extra flavour 4 to 5 garlic cloves. That’s all!
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN STUFFING CASSEROLE
- To start making Chicken and Stuffing Casserole, you have to preheat the oven at 400 F.
- Then, spray a 9×13 pan with cooking spray or butter it, and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the chicken, cream of chicken soup, sour cream, mixed vegetables, salt, pepper, and garlic. Stir until all ingredients are well combined.
- Now, in a separate bowl, prepare the stuffing as directed on the package.
- Pour chicken mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Then spread the stuffing over the entire top of chicken mixture.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- If you want some extra flavour on your Chicken and Stuffing Casserole, you can add the garlic, salt and pepper on the chicken and leave it to marinate for 20 minutes before mixing it with the other ingredients.
- You can prepare this dish in the morning and leave it in the fridge, ready to be put in the oven when you come back home from work; make sure to leave it covered with foil or saran wrap (cling film).
- You can use the leftovers to make a delicious wrap; add some lettuce, mayo and ketchup, grated cheese, some sliced onions and you will have a super nutritious lunch, kids love to take it to school!
HOW TO STORE AND REHEAT CHICKEN STUFFING CASSEROLE
To reheat Chicken and Stuffing Casserole, heat the oven at 350 F, cover it with foil then place the casserole in the middle tray of your oven for around 20 minutes. Keep the foil on until serving.
In the microwave, use medium temperature and let it heat for around 4 minutes. Don’t use foil; instead, you must use Saran wrap (cling film) or a plastic lid, proper for microwaving.
- 1 package stove top stuffing (chicken flavor)
- 1-2 lbs chicken breast, cut into small pieces
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 package (16 oz) frozen mixed vegetables
- 4-5 garlic cloves, minced
- Spray a 9×13 pan with cooking spray, set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the chicken, cream of chicken soup, sour cream, mixed vegetables, salt, pepper, and garlic. Stir until all is combined.
- In a separate bowl, prepare the stuffing as directed on the package.
- Pour chicken mixture into the bottom of the pan.
- Spread prepared stuffing over the entire top of the mixture.
- Bake in a preheated oven, 400, for about 30 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.